4.4.13

The Thursday Ten #1


1. What is your favorite Pixar movie?
Ooh, Up is most definitely my favourite Pixar film. From the bizarre creatures to that chubby little boy scout, it's both hilarious and a tug at your heart-strings. But what I love the most is the undying love of two childhood sweethearts growing old together. I wouldn't say I'm a "hopeless romantic" but I am a hopeful believer in promising forever and sticking to it! And I love it when the media shows that. 
2. Do you enjoy soccer?
Um, no not really. I did stay up and watch a handful of matches during the FIFA Worldcup in South Africa though. But maybe that was just because of some sense of African pride left in me... I would also be lying if I said I had absolutely no desire to go to Brazil for FIFA 2014. How mad/rad would that be?!?
3. Are you musical?
Oh, how I wish! My mother wanted very much for me to play the piano and I tried... I got myself a distinction in Grade One Piano from the Royal School of Music (fancy shmancy, I know) and then I gave up. I wanted to be like Beethoven without the tedious hours of practice and apparently that's not really possible. Humph.
4. How many push-ups can you do?
Depends... On my knees, I can do about 12. Proper plank push-ups, I'd have to give up after two unless I wanted to fall on my nose and injure myself...
5. Did you have braces when you were younger?
Yes, but I still have crooked teeth. Partly because I gave up on the darn things sooner than I should have and partly because well... it was rather optimistic trying to get my teeth completely straight! 
6. Summer or winter? 
Well, depends on where we're talking about. In Zambia, summer was nice because it came with afternoon thunderstorms. In Ooty, I loved the warmth of summer and the gorgeous clear blue skies. In Bombay, it's pretty much summer aaalll the time and you just learn to adapt. In Bangalore, definitely love the winters!
7. Do you buy new or used cars?
Carssss??! Plural? I don't buy cars at all. I sometimes drive our family car here in Bangalore but honestly, if I never had to drive again (in India, at least) that would be OK with me. It's sad cause I actually do enjoy the driving part, just not the-other-people-acting-like-maniacs-on-the-roads part.
8. Do you get cranky when you’re tired or hungry?
Hmmm, I think that would be a yes and a yes. Although, when I'm tired I think I get more quiet than cranky, but maybe I'm not the best judge of that?
9. Something interesting you read this week?
Yup, this article by Kathleen Trenske The Case Against 'Good Enough'. As a photographer who shoots weddings, I completely agree with what Trenske says. I talked about it a little bit here but she says it really eloquently. This is my favourite part:
But of all the things you spend money on for your wedding, your wedding photographs are the ONLY thing that will increase in value over time. As the years pass, you'll be more and more glad that you have them. Especially, if you can experience looking through them by flipping through a gorgeous custom-designed album instead of sitting in front of your computer and clicking "next" with your mouse.
10. Post a picture!
Okay! This one is for Antu who left for Bombay today. She stayed with us for a month while she wrapped up her Master's Degree and 2-year stint in Bangalore. We loved having her and I am definitely going to miss her being in the same city as me. BUT I will see her soon when I travel to Bombay so it's okay and I'm sure Bombay is delighted to have this gorgeous girl back. 
Love you Antu!

Picture courtesy of Sharan Ranjit. 
Questions adapted from Roots and Rings

No comments:

Blog Archive