1.3.13

February Loves.

I know I know, it's March but just go with me on this one, mmmkay?

This morning I was re-inspired to get back into the groove of blogging. I have tried to come up with a blogging plan to give me some structure but nothing seems to work. I love writing but I can't figure why it's so hard to get back into it lately! And then I read this post by one of favourite Bloggers this morning and pretty much agreed with every point she made but especially resonated with this one:
"To explore new ideas for content: Sometimes I see a feature on someone’s blog and it’s a creative idea I’d love to try out. Then I quickly replace that train of thought with anxiety that, in doing so, I’ll be “copying” that individual. Total nonsense. I started a self-portrait series three years ago on the blog. In the time since, I’ve LOVED hearing from dozens of other photographers who’ve done the same. Copying? No. Adapting an idea for themselves? Yes. It’s an important difference, one I need to remember."
So here's to Gail for inspiring me to finally start this feature on the blog!

Here are some of the things that I've been loving on in February:


>> JJ Heller. Love this woman. All of her music is so hope-filled and inspiring. I also love that JJ Heller's husband features in most (if not all) of her music. I love seeing Husband-Wife teams. Love it. You've got to watch this video. Super cute. 

>> Basil. Yup. I used to think Parsley was my favourite herb but Basil came along... Basil in Pasta? Yum. Basil in scrambled eggs. Delicious. Basil and Cheese toasties? To. die. for.

>> Ola Cabs. I'm singing Ola Cabs' praises these days. I've been using their services pretty regularly for shoots and airport drops/pickups and I have a big crush on them. Apart from one bad experience with the driver, I am super impressed by their customer service and also their mobile app! All you have to do is sign in, and the GPS tracks where you need to be picked up from and voila! They've now upgraded it so that you can have a cab pick you up at a later time from a different location to where you are at the time of booking it through the app. So awesome. Love it when companies work hard to improve their services! I just hope they keep it up.

>> Bath & Body Works. My bestie always brings me one of their body lotions and a body splash when she comes to visit from the US. She hasn't been back in a while though so when someone asked what I wanted in a package from the US, I jumped at the opportunity and requested some B&B goodness! Perfect for this dry Bangalore weather!

>> Monument Mousepad. This was one of my birthday gifts! My poor ol' Chumbak mousepad got kicked off my desk to make room for this lovely new one! I love the bright yellowness of it and it has little illustrations of some of Bombay's monuments. A constant little reminder of that awesome city. (The little wireless mouse sitting on it is also pretty awesome by the way. I got it in January as a treat for myself and I'm wondering why I didn't get it last year!)


No comments:

Blog Archive